The U.S. and her allies want Iran to stop its nuclear weapons research. Iran has three options here:
(1) Cave in to pressure and stop the research.
(2) Pretend to cave in while secrectly continuing the research.
(3) Ignore the pressure and carry on.
Based upon Iranian public statements, and my guess of how Irananian leaders think option (3) will play out, I think there's a 90% chance that Iran will choose option (3), and 10% chance of option (2), and a close to 0% chance of option (1).
Therefore, future posts in this series will explore what happens after Iran ignores the UN Security Council or whatever other pressure we put on them.